If you've got some time read some of the following facts. Some are quite intriguing.
Things to impress your friends with:
- Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. I keep my toothbrush in the living room now.
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
- No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
- The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
- A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight. The wingspan of the B-36, a retired USAF bomber, was twice as long.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first class.
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
- The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer. So did the first 'Marlboro Man'.
- Barbie's full first name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- All U.S. presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like to be seen wearing them in public.
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- Pearls melt in vinegar.
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
- Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades-King David; Clubs-Alexander the Great; Hearts-Charlemagne; and Diamonds-Julius Caesar.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =12,345,678,987,654,321
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down -- hence the expression, "to get fired."
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
- It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
- To call every telephone on the planet would take you until the year 3620.
- The distance covered by one day's telephone calls is equivalent to traveling to Mars and back 350 times.
- All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- If she were life size, Barbie's measurements are:
- No word in the English language rhymes with month,
orange, silver or purple.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln
Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- There are only four words in the English language which
end in"-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- The longest place-name still in use is: Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokai- wenuakitanatahu, a New Zealand hill.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora
la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time
displayed on a watch is 10:10.
Click below to see:-